At Winsor Primary School we use Knowledge Organisers (KOs) in class and as homework to help children to learn the essential knowledge they need for each topic they study. A knowledge organiser (KO) sets out in detail what we want children to know by the end of a topic. We expect the majority of children to be able to remember all of the information on the KO by the end of the unit of work and ask that parents support their child with learning this at home.
The best way to use the Knowledge Organiser at home is as follows:
- Children read the information from the section to be learned (with adult help if needed)
- They then try and recall the information without looking at it (this can be written down or done verbally)
- An adult tests them on the information
- The key to success is to repeat this regularly over the week
- Keep revising the information that has already been learned in previous weeks to keep it fresh in the memory
The children will also be tested on these in class each week to help them remember what they are learning.
Please click the links below to download them current Knowledge Organiser for your child's year group.
This page is awaiting content.